Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of AELP in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. The CFO will participate in the development of AELP’s plans and programs as a strategic partner. The CFO will provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting AELP, including evaluating and advising on the impact of long range planning, and be responsible for developing regulatory cases.
This position is responsible for management of the Controller and the accounting department, company finances, regulatory matters, administration of the pension plan, and risk management.
KEY or ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of financial statements and development of financial trends
- Responsible for accuracy of the accounting records.
- Oversight of the accounting department and budgeting process.
- Banking relations and company financing.
- Preparation of rate increase requests and other regulatory filings.
- Preparation of financial and regulatory compliance documents.
- Administration of the pension and 401(k) plans.
- Property and liability insurance and other risk management matters.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree at minimum; a major in accounting or finance is preferred. A minimum of eight years of work experience in accounting, finance, or utility regulatory matters is required.
For an employee to succeed in this position he/she will need to: utilize analytical skills for complex problem solving, prioritize work load, work efficiently, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, collaborate with coworkers, and adapt to changing tasks.
Duties of this position will require regular use of:
- Desktop computer, keyboard, mouse
- Copier, printer, fax and other general office equipment
- Computer applications such as accounting software, word processor, spreadsheet and email
In order to meet all expectations of this position, employee must be able to lift 20 pounds without assistance and sit for long periods of time.
At Alaska Electric Light and Power Company, we maintain a drug- and alcohol-free workplace with a commitment to safety and job satisfaction.
The salary will be dependent upon experience.
Visit www.aelp.com and complete the required job application. Send application along with supplemental forms to email@example.com.
Applications will only be accepted electronically.
AELP is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other classification protected by law.