Lake levels improve. Interruptible customers to be reconnected. Click to read more.
A new history began July 1, 2014, when AEL&P -- as part of Alaska Energy and Resources Company -- was acquired by Avista Corp., of Spokane, Wash.
At that moment, the oldest regulated electric utility in Alaska joined with an established and major company involved in the production, transmission and distribution of energy for eastern Washington, northern Idaho and parts of southern and eastern Oregon.
As we look forward to an exciting future with Avista, we do not forget our century of service that began earnestly enough in 1893 with a simple water wheel. Below you'll find some of the major events that took place in our more than 100 years of service.
• Distribution completes conversion from 2.4kV to 12.5kV
• Water main breaks under Willoughby business office. Loss valued at $140,763
• Crater Lake added to Snettisham Project
• Gold Creek Flume grand opening
AEL&P purchases Glacier Highway Electric Association
AEL&P purchases information technology company Systems Northwest
New hydroelectric generating plant constructed at Salmon Creek
Transmission completes conversion from 23kV to 69kV